Re: Factors affecting A320 US record.

From:         rna@gsb-crown.Stanford.EDU (Robert Ashcroft)
Date:         22 Jan 96 03:24:12

In article <1996Jan19.113759@France.Sun.COM>,
Steve McKinty - SunSoft ICNC Grenoble <smckinty@sunicnc.France.Sun.COM> wrote:
>>I believe that at this point in time, on a cultural level, Europeans are
>>rather more naive to the threats of highly automated systems, on an order of
>>the "gee whiz" mentality in the United States in the 50s and 60s.  This is no
>>doubt reflected in the airline industry.
>
>I doubt it. As far as I know the control software for the A320/30/40 was
>written in the US by US companies,

Really?  I once wrote an article for The Economist about computer risks,
at which time I received reams of information from some French outfit that
claimed to be writing the A320 flight control software.  Does anyone
know for sure?  It's at this point that we should really move this
discussion to sci.aeronautics.airliners, where it belongs.  So I am
crossposting it there.

RNA