Re: 747-300 and -400

From:         rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett)
Date:         09 Apr 96 14:22:47

In article <airliners.1996.465@ohare.Chicago.COM> Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang) writes:
>In article <airliners.1996.434@ohare.Chicago.COM>,
>Karl Swartz <kls@ohare.Chicago.COM> wrote:
>>
>>The -100 and -200 don't have an upper deck door, except for the small
>>hatch above the cockpit.  (I assume the same is true for the -400F
>>which does not have the long upper deck.)
>>

>Isn't the upper-deck door on the starboard side on the -100, -200, and
>-400F a service door?

It was stuck in there to meet FAA evacuation requirements on all 747 models.
Not sure what good it would be for servicing, since not much can reach
that high.  Upper galley containers are shipped up via elevator.

Given how much slides flop around in the wind, I wouldn't be too keen to
go down three stories in one.

The overhatch thing with the inertial reels is for the flight crew only.

                                       ftp://wilbur.pr.erau.edu/pub/av