Cruise Relief Pilots

From:         peter neville gurnell <pgurnell@direct.ca>
Date:         30 Mar 96 16:01:09

Are there any Airline types out there who's company utilizes Cruise Relief
Pilots as flight deck augments on overseas flights.  I am trying to compile
some info as Canada is about to introduce legislation to allow a restricted
type rating that would allow the introduction of this position into
airlines in Canada.  Currently both Captain and F/O require an endorsement
in Canada.   I understand that Carriers such as Quantas, Cathay and Eva
use cruise relief non endorsed pilots who demonstrate emergency descent
and a few other items but no T/O or landing.   If you have data, or
addresses for govt. publications which detail various countries regulations
in this area, please drop me a line.

Cheers, Peter