AA & the Airbus A340

From:         Jennings Heilig <jheilig@gate.net>
Date:         30 Mar 96 16:01:05
Followups:    1 2 3

What are the chances that AA is going to go for the Airbus since they
were on the original "gang" that helped define (along with Delta, btw)
the 777?  I've been waiting with baited breath for the AA and/or DL
announcement of their respective 777 orders, and inthe case of AA, for it
to be the launch order for the 777-100.   From what I hear (more and
more) DL is very unhappy with the MD-11, and American has never been
terribly thrilled with it.  AA is selling off the fleet to FedEx, and
rumors are that DL is about to do the same thing.

So when *will* we see those big 777 orders?

Jennings Heilig