Re: Airbus A3XX---vapor plane?

From:         faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure)
Date:         21 Mar 96 02:38:01

In article <airliners.1996.387@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Alain.Deckers@man.ac.uk
(Alain Deckers) wrote:

> This thread has been dead for some time, but just as a matter of
> record, I understand that the A300 ST is only being produced in
> limited numbers (at least initially) for internal Airbus use. It is
> also called the "Super Flipper" and will replace the "Super Guppy"
> that are currently (or have until recently?

Just for the record, the new, outsized jet transport Airbus has built to
haul their wings and fuselage sections around is called the "Beluga" after
the whale of the same name.  At least that's what some executives at
Airbus told me a year ago.  It may be that since then, it's name has been
changed to "Super Flipper" to build on the "Super Guppy" theme.

C. Marin Faure
author, Flying A Floatplane