Re: A second 757 crash -- off the Dominicana

From:         BMADDISO@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca
Date:         21 Mar 96 02:37:58

zelikman@snakemail.hut.fi (Mikael Zelikman) writes:

>snip

>Regardless of the above, I doubt the wrong fuel was the cause in the
>Dominican crash for the simple reason of finding it hard to believe
>that they could find tens of thousands of lbs of avgas at any airport
>these days!

I agree, except that the Dominican Republic is one of the few remaining
bastions of piston-engined airliners in the world. Which is why the
thought occurred to me in the first place.

I admit I was reaching here, but I tend to distrust coincidences.
How often does it occur that two airplanes operated by the same airline,
departing from the same airport both have to return (or try to) within
hours/minutes of each other.

Hopefully all will become clear during the investigation.

Brian Maddison