Those backward-pointing rods on A320 wing things...

From:         al683@freenet.carleton.ca (Scott Wright)
Date:         19 Mar 96 00:44:07
Followups:    1 2 3 4 5

I'm not sure if I've seen this one answered before here, but
it's vitally important for a friend of mine to know:

Extending behind the trailing edge of an A320's main wing, there
are two fair-sized "bulk-heads" (probably not what they're called).
I believe they contain some linkages, fastenings or actuators for
the flaps, and or ailerons.  Extending out of the point of each
one is a thin rod or tube.

Are they:
  a) static diffusers
  b) some kind of sensors
  c) fuel dumping nozzles (I doubt it, they're pretty thin)
  d) hooks for ground crew to hang their headphones on
  e) none of the above
?

Any reasonable answer will be considered.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Wright
Ottawa, Canada     "You can't have everything...  Where would you put it?"
                                            - Stephen Wright (no relation)