Re: Airbus A3XX---vapor plane?

From:         rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett)
Date:         19 Mar 96 00:44:04

In article <airliners.1996.367@ohare.Chicago.COM> libove@libove.mindspring.com (Jay Vassos-Libove) writes:
>I rarely find myself in disagreement with Robert, but in this
>case I wonder -- he says that "for anyone to attempt a *new* design
>is madness" ... but Boeing just did exactly that with the 777.

I should have been clearer.  Two Big Airplane designs at the same time
would be madness.  Obviously, there are market opportunities in the 150-
seat market, etc.  And, unfortunately, opportunities to replace three-
and four-engine long-range transports with two-engined transports.

                                       ftp://wilbur.pr.erau.edu/pub/av