Re: Boeing 767 incident

From:         peter neville gurnell <pgurnell@direct.ca>
Date:         15 Mar 96 01:05:26

> Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to telephone Canadian
> Airlines (1-800-661-4716) and their public relations officer confirmed
> that indeed there was ice on the ramp, and this ice did play a significant
> role.

Vindicated again by skill and local training!  BTW before T3 opened I
spent a whole night taxiing around out there to determine the wind and
thrust dynamics of the building shape with all sorts of aircraft engines
running.  Common sense eventually got the better of me and I moved to
YVR.

                                  Cheers,  Peter