Re: Airbus A3XX---vapor plane?

From:         michel gammon <jmgammon@logiscom.com>
Date:         14 Mar 96 17:49:33

rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett) wrote:

>Everyone will lose.  And after a bad safety year, I would wonder about
>the acceptance of the public to a design in which the human loss following
>a crash would be incomprehensible.

Would it be any worse than the losses when the Titanic (1500+ lost), or
Lusitania (1195 lost), or the Empress of Ireland in the Gulf of St.
Lawrence (1014 lost) went down?

I've heard this argument many times before. Yes, it is terrible when even
one life is lost, but I believe that per passenger mile, the losses on the
ocean liners weren't much better, although that's a guess on my part.
Flying remains one of the safest means of transport.

Mike Gammon