Re: 757 Flight Recorder Located

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         14 Mar 96 17:49:29

>On the one hand I'd say no, as airliner crashes aren't very
>common, and the CVR and DFDR are usually recovered. On the other hand,
>we might know what really happend to US Air Flight 427 that went
>down here in Pittsburgh about a year ago.

There were no significant problems in recovering the CVR and DFDR data
from US 427, so a real-time downlink of this information would not
have made an iota of difference.  The "problem" with the DFDR was that
it was an older design which was never intended to store as many types
of data as newer models.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com