Re: MD-11F vs. 747-400F Design Philosophies

From:         Bradg@io.org (Brad Gillies)
Date:         07 Mar 96 02:04:37

In article <airliners.1996.280@ohare.Chicago.COM>, etech@deltanet.com (Eric Chevalier) wrote:
>I've seen a number of MD-11 freighters that seem to have all eight
>passenger doors and metal window plugs.  I get the impression that the
>operators of these aircraft may have wanted something that could be
>relatively easily converted to passenger use if the cargo market didn't
>pan out.

>What about the 747-400F, on the other hand?

The 747-400F is not convertable to Pax Operations.  There is no equipment
installed in the aircraft for passengers.
ie no lav facilities on the main deck. no plumming. no seat tracks. no windows
etc.  If the aircraft were originally converted from pax to cargo then it
could be done but not from the factory.

--
Brad Gillies     Bradg@io.org
AME (Canada), A&P, PPASEL