Re: Subsidies ...

From:         Andrew Sapuntzakis <andrewsa@comm.mot.com>
Date:         29 Feb 96 02:04:14

In addition to 707 production depending on the KC135, one source
(which I can dig up) I have read claims the DC-10 did not have enough
(commercial) orders to justify production until the U.S. gov't
stepped in with a request for the KC-10.
  Also, the U.S. aircraft makers have, historically, been fulfilling
much larger domestic contracts because of the large size of the U.S.
military. Since development of military aircraft is so expensive, there
is much to be gained from manufacturing hundreds instead of dozens.

CU
Andrew S.   andrewsa@comm.mot.com