Re: Airbus A320 flight controls

From:         Bradg@io.org (Brad Gillies)
Date:         29 Feb 96 01:24:26

In article <airliners.1996.293@ohare.Chicago.COM>, dany@world-net.sct.fr (Jean-Marie Dany) wrote:
> I don't know if the "side stick priority logic" has been changed but I
> have found these informations from a rather old FCOM :

<exerpts from FCOM deleted>

I ran through the logic test from the Maintenance manual for the sidestick
logic last night and this is what I found...
Aircraft is on short term lease from an Company in Britain so the logic could
be different.

1) Pushing either sidestick button will transfer priority to the associated
side.  Aural warning "Priority Left (right)".
2) Holding the side stick for 40 seconds deactivates opposite stick
3) Pushing button on deactivated stick, reactivates stick.
4) holding button on deactivated stick switches priority to that stick.
5) Moving one stick right and one stick left results in no flight control
deflections.
6) same as above for all flight control surfaces. except rudder.

This was done according to the MM and passed the test.
Any questions?

--
Brad Gillies     Bradg@io.org