Re: A320 Crosswind limits

From:         Bradg@io.org (Brad Gillies)
Date:         29 Feb 96 01:24:26

In article <airliners.1996.294@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "J. Mclaughlin" <101515.435@CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>Crosswind limit for the A320 on a contaminated runway is 10 knots,
>but with a forward c-of-g, it becomes 15 knots. Can anyone tell me
>why?

I do know from experience that the A320 tends to be tail heavy.  The one I
look after routinely has the nose oleo fully extended during unloading
operations.  It is the only type of aircraft I have seen do this even when
properly loaded.  THis could be the reason. The aircraft could tend to slide
the nose gear sideways on ice and couse steering and control on the ground
problems at speeds where the rudder is not yet effective.

Are you sure this is a limitation on the A320?  I'll look it up in the flight
manual tomorrow.

--
Brad Gillies     Bradg@io.org