Re: Unusual/Airbus TV Ad?

Date:         28 Dec 96 14:20:12
From:         mba340@club-internet.fr (Ben)

Brian Wiklem <brian_wiklem@interactive.sony.com> wrote:

>during two of the commercial breaks, there were two (2) Airbus
>ads touting the A330...
>I have never seen ads on TV for aircraft by an aircraft company,
>and was wondering if:

>1.  Anyone else has seen these?

I saw it in france. Airbus make ads in pacific area too to promote
A340/A330

>2.  Is Airbus trying to target some Airline Executive who might be
>    watching?

No, they want to show how the Business class is comfortable compare to
a Boeing B777/B747

>3.  Trying to get us travelers to write to the airlines we fly and
>    ask them to order the A330?

They want promote to airliners by the travelers. It's a presciption
act.

>4.  Hoping Bill Gates is watching and will place an order?

No. Only Brunei King buys plane like A340. He makes a collection !!!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Ben