Re: Air Safety (was Re: A3xx vs B747-600)

Date:         28 Dec 96 14:20:12
From:         mba340@club-internet.fr (Ben)

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) wrote:

>>The Habsheim crash was during a revenue passenger flight, there
>>were over 150 passengers on board.

>I have Michel Asseline's book (he was the captain of the flight).
>Unfortunately it's in French (imagine that!) of which I can only
>understand a small fraction, and that's on a good day.

Michel Asseline wrote that when he demanded trust to take altitude the
inboard computer refused. After seconds, the trust is not the same for
the two engines.

It seems that the computer, with the altitude level, was in landing
configuration and the computer "wanted" to land.

During his judgement, he recognized that it was too low.
In his book, he said that the BEA (french NTSB) and Airbus made
mofidification on  black boxes. But he coud not prove it.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Ben