Re: Boeing 767-400

Date:         28 Dec 96 14:20:09
From:         jfmezei <nospam.jfmezei@videotron.ca>

J. Heilig wrote:
> want to buy A330/340s...but can they afford to wait 3 or 4 years for
> Boeing to crank up a 767-432ER for them?

Boeing seems to be working/planning/thinking about new 737s, new 767s,
new 747s and new 777s.

However, apart from the (obvious) 777 and the new 747s, I do not see any
mention of having 777 style FBW systems on those new/updated planes.

If Boeing is to produce a new version of the 767, would it retain the
conventional 767 controls or migrate to the 777 style of controls ?

What about the new 737s ?

I am puzzled that Boeing doesn't seem to be pushing a roll out of the
777-FBW system across its entire product line to enhance its position
against Airbus which has a fair amount of cockpit commonality across its
models.