Re: Could TWA800 really have happened this way?

Date:         27 Dec 96 19:09:38
From:         m@ml.com (M Carling)

cjardine@wctc.net (Chris Jardine) wrote:

>1) Would there would be enough energy in a low velocity explosion like
>what would be available from Jet fuel with no help to cause the kind
>of damage that obviously occurred in this case?

Definitely.

>2) There has been a finger pointed at a sensor in the tank (old news).
>I would assume that this sensor would be like many others that have
>regulated power supplies that regulate voltage and current to 'safe'
>levels. If this is the case could a sensor start this kind of
>explosion?

Ignition by a sensor would require the sensor to malfunction. A properly
operating sensor would not ignite the vapor.

>3) Now it seems that the 'ignition source du joure' is static
>electricity. I would tend to believe that the engineers at Boeing
>would have grounding braid wires attaching the tanks to nearby metal
>surfaces. Considering the lengths ground crews go to discharge static
>before fuelling a jet I would think that they have quite a system for
>static discharge. If this is the case is this line of research just
>another exercise in futility?

One cannot ground every part of an electical or electronic apparatus, because
to do so would prevent it from functioning.

>4) Where are the seats, bodies, etc. from directly above the tank.
>Would the low velocity explosion have disintegrated all of this
>material or would it have required a higher velocity explosion?

Most of it has been recovered and it shows that the center fuel tank
exploded.

>5) I think that all this talk of conspiracy is really stupid, but, is
>there something going on here that the public doesn't know about? It
>seems really hard to believe that NOTHING from the critical area of
>this plane hasn't been found. Are the searchers not looking in the
>right place? Has some of this material been found? If so, why doesn't
>anybody seem to know about it? If some material was found and it
>pointed somewhere that some people didn't want the investigation going
>did something happen to this material? Since anything that would have
>been in this critical area would have been the first thing out of the
>plane I truely hope that we simply are not looking in the right place!

The recovered material shows that the fuel tank exploded, and the source of
the explosion was within the tank. It is not known what exactly ignited the
explosion. There is no evidence whatsoever of a bomb or missile, much to the
chagrin of the FBI. However, there is probably not enough evidence to prove
_absolutely_ that there was not a bomb or missile.

M Carling