Re: Fear of Flying

Date:         27 Dec 96 13:32:23
From:         Chris Hall <Hall@airborne.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1996.2912@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Peter Coe
<petercoe@best.com> writes

>Just to counter that as a passenger on a total of 209 flight sectors, I
>have suffered two in-flight shutdowns.  One a precautionary event, the
>other a bird strike.
>
>I have also flown on three aircraft that have since had fatal crashes.
>I think I am therefore a statistical abnormality.
>
>Wonderful thing statistics.

Peter, can you let me know your intended movements over the next year or
so so I can be sure of avoiding the same flights.

I estimate that I have flown around 400 sectors over the last 25 years.
Apart from bad weather making flying uncomfortable from time to time and
one go-around at London Gatwick due to traffic spacing, all have been
incident free.

Oh.... I did spill hot, black coffee over a female passenger sitting
next to me once, but that is another story.

The biggest problem that I have suffered is bag loss twice over this
period.
--
Chris Hall