Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

Date:         27 Dec 96 13:32:17
From:         jac@panix.com (John Clear)

jfmezei  <nospam.jfmezei@videotron.ca> wrote:
>H Andrew Chuang wrote:
>> FWIW, I came across this number recently: Airbus received approximately
>> US$3.5b worth of loans from the participating governments for the
>> A330/340 program in 1987.
>
>And Bombardier/Canadair recently received a similar loan from the
>canadian government to the tune of over $85 million.

>So, everyone gets help. Some get it blatantly, some get it in more
>subtle fashions.

I think $3,500,000,000 is just a tad bit more blatant then
	   $85,000,000.  Elsewhere in this thread, NASA's ~$40mil
grant for GA engines was discussed.

I think some small grants/subsidies/etc to promote development
is very different then huge sums of money to fund entire product
development, start to finish.

John
--
John Clear - jac@panix.com  PP-ASEL  1Lt, CAP-CAWG  http://www.panix.com/~jac
"They're all lawyers, and think that the laws of physics can be amended with