Re: A330/340 vs. B777

Date:         27 Dec 96 13:32:17
From:         niels@lofgren.demon.co.uk (Niels Sampath)

           Chuanga@cris.com "H Andrew Chuang" writes:

-snip-
>Personally, I don't think Airbus should
>stick with the A300/310/330/340 fuselage cross-section for the A340-600X
>(or any long-range aircraft).  Do remember, the original A300 was a
>short-haul aircraft!  Cabin comfort requirement for a short-haul flight
>is quite different from a long-haul flight.

I am not sure what you are suggesting. I assume a wider cross-section?
A wider cabin but still twin-aisle config., only means more poor saps
stuck `in the middle of the middle'.... an absolute nightmare for those
concerned.  Airbus already markets their `fewer centre seats' as
an `advantage' over the 777.

--
-Niels