727 shorties

Date:         27 Dec 96 04:41:04
From:         fintubi@navier.stanford.edu (Bill Urban)

In article <airliners.1996.2956@ohare.Chicago.COM>, jfmezei@videotron.ca wrote:

> H Andrew Chuang wrote:
> >
> > >From one of the newswire services, it's reported that starting in 1998,
> > the range of the B777-200IGW will be boosted from 7,200 nm to 7,500 nm,
> > thus, claiming the long-haul champion from the A340 (which has a range
> > of 7,400 nm).
>
> >From the Air Canada web site:
> A340-300B
>
>      Manufacturer:              Airbus
<snip>
>      Cargo capacity:            36,968 lbs
>      Fuel capacity:             36,900 usg

Wow, that's an interesting coincidence!  Next time I FedEx a pound, I'm
gonna pay for it with a gallon of kerosene...

ObSerious:

Anyone know if any US majors still have 727-100s in service?

- Bill

--
Bill Urban     fintubi@navier.stanford.edu    (415) 723-0560
High Temperature Gasdynamics Laboratory, Stanford University