Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

Date:         27 Dec 96 04:41:04
From:         jfmezei <nospam.jfmezei@videotron.ca>

H Andrew Chuang wrote:
> FWIW, I came across this number recently: Airbus received approximately
> US$3.5b worth of loans from the participating governments for the
> A330/340 program in 1987.

And Bombardier/Canadair recently received a similar loan from the
canadian government to the tune of over $85 million.

Laurent Beaudoin, in interviews clearly stated that such loans were
necessary for Bombardier to play on an even playing field against not
onlt the europeans, but also the americans who get government help in
the form of military contracts.

So, everyone gets help. Some get it blatantly, some get it in more
subtle fashions.