Re: Fate of the MD-11, MD-90, MD-95

Date:         23 Dec 96 22:48:02
From:         mba340@club-internet.fr (Ben)

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) wrote:
>>American commercial airplane manufacturing will now consist of
>>various sizes of things that look like a 737. Sure, one of them
>>sits higher, but in general we get planes with 2 engines
>>mounted under the wings.

>The same could be said for Airbus, except their four-engined plane
>doesn't even have the "hump nose" to add a bit of space.  Airbus does
>offer more interesting wings with the two flavors of fences, though,
>versus just the 747-400's winglets for Boeing with straight wingtips
>for everything else.

 In this environement : they try to design plane to reduce the
production cost to propose an acceptable price,

increase the family cncept to reduce the cost of maintaining,
training,

Commercial aviation is making the transition from engenering to
marketing / commercial.

Now they make planes with and for the airliners and for engeneer
pleasure

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Ben