Re: B777 range

Date:         19 Dec 96 03:06:35
From:         gt1208a@prism.gatech.edu (Peter Hollingsworth)

In article <airliners.1996.2791@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Chuanga@cris.com (H
Andrew Chuang) wrote:

> It appears the B777-100X is dead.  My guess is the operating cost of
> the -100X is probably not very attractive.  In the same report, the
> streched B767-400ERX (yes, they used the ERX designation in the report)
> was mentioned.  The proposed plane would carry 250 passengers in
> three classes and would compete directly with the A330-200.

That last bit, seems very interesting. As there is caertain airline in the
US, that is looking for replaement for a large section of it's widebody
fleet. I had heard rumors that they were looking at the 767-400ERX, but
this is the first news report on it.

--
Peter Hollingsworth
The Grand Scale Earthly Destructor