Re: Fear of Flying

Date:         17 Dec 96 03:09:18
From:         "Julian H. Lloyd" <lloydj@pacific.net.sg>

Waleed M. Meleis wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about safety.  The consensus
> seems to be that a) it is unlikely that all engines will fail during a
> flight, and b) if they did, there would be a reasonably good chance that the
> plane would be able to land safely, as demonstrated by several recent
> incidents.
<SNIP>

An do tell your friend to make sure he wears his seatbelt. According to
a somewhat dry, though incredibly thorough statistical analysis of
aviation disasters called "Why Planes Crash" (sorry, can't remember the
author), failure to wear a seatbelt is the top cause of injury while
flying in commercial jet transports!