Re: Fate of the MD-11, MD-90, MD-95

Date:         17 Dec 96 03:09:17
From:         "Robert D. Seals" <rob@lunch.asrc.albany.edu>

Planecrazy wrote:
> I think that we are about to
> say goodbye to the large tri-jet and the rear-mounted twin for good.

> Let's hear what you think.

In contrast to the vast majority (apparently) of readers in
this newsgroup, I think Boeing planes are really boring.
The 707 and 747 are the only real exceptions for me.
At least the 727 is still loud (for the time being). But from
this perspective, I'm afraid you may be right. American
commercial airplane manufacturing will now consist of
various sizes of things that look like a 737. Sure, one of them
sits higher, but in general we get planes with 2 engines
mounted under the wings.

I know you all hate the MD products, but the MD-11 is just so
awesome to look at. And the poor L1011 is cooler than anything
else flying around. And not for much longer, unfortunately.

Yes, I'm afraid interesting commercial airplanes have just
disappeared.

rob