Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

Date:         16 Dec 96 03:15:39
From:         Jean-Francois Bosc <bosc@mauve.recherche.enac.fr>

Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang) writes:

> In article <airliners.1996.2822@ohare.Chicago.COM> Jean-Francois Bosc (bosc@mauve.recherche.enac.fr) wrote:
> >
> > Well, there was one I read a few months ago showing that labor productivity
> > was higher in France than in any other country ...
>
> Are you sure ...

I'm sure I read it ... I also believe that 10 different studies will give 10
different results and nobody could tell which one is correct.

> > Also, all analysts I heard agree that the current low rate of the US dollar
> > is a subsidy for US exporting companies, and that the normal rate should
> > be around 20% higher (if I remember correctly).
>
> All analysts?

Well, it comes out quite often around here.

> FWIW, I came across this number recently: Airbus received approximately
> US$3.5b worth of loans from the participating governments for the
> A330/340 program in 1987.

I don't know, but anyway that's less than 10 years, and part of it has alreadey
been returned. Moreover I'd be surprised if the European Commission didn't
control rates too.

JF