Re: Boeing and McDonnell Douglas Agree to Collaborate

Date:         12 Dec 96 04:39:34
From:         "J. Heilig" <jheilig@gate.net>

Brian Wiklem wrote:

> And considering Douglas' orders are dwindling, and Boeings orders growing,
> this would be one fully operational factory that could be acquired quickly,
> without the need to build a whole new facility from the ground up.  In
> addition, many books on Boeings history make reference to Boeing constantly
> evaluating California as a major 'political' market to set up shop.

	Not to mention that there is historical precedent for such a move.
Douglas built B-17s under license at Santa Monica during WWII.  Thus,
Boeing and Douglas have had some co-production experience.  I look for
either a Boeing buyout of Douglas or after the C-17 program is done,
Douglas will simply fade away...

Jennings Heilig