Re: Cargo door theory TWA 800 and others

Date:         12 Dec 96 04:39:33
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>I would have more sympathy if he advanced his argument more in a "I have
>a theory" manner than "I know what happened" attitude.

I found that particularly off-putting as well.

>Sorry to be somewhat abrasive, but I do not want to see this
>excellent newsgroup filled with the fluff of alt.disasters ...

I assure you, I have no intention of approving every random piece of
garbage that floats into the group's input hopper.  However, unlike
the idiotic tripe from Pierre Salinger regarding TWA 800, Smith has
done some pretty thorough research and there are some interesting
discussion points.  I'm not inclined to go along with his conclusions
and I find his style somewhat irritating, but neither of those are
valid reasons for rejection.  His message is relevant to the group's
charter and it is not immediately obvious that it is devoid of all
merit, so I felt compelled to accept it.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com