Re: Cargo door theory TWA 800 and others

Date:         12 Dec 96 04:39:33
From:         jfmezei <jfmezei@videotron.ca>

barry@corazon.com wrote:

> An inadvertently opened forward cargo door caused the destruction of TWA
> 800, Pan Am 103, Air India 182 and almost UAL 811. Full documentation and
> support for cargo door theory is on web site www.corazon.com John Barry
> Smith barrry@corazon.com

1- Was TWA800's FDR sophisticated enough to detect a cargo door opening
   and pressure drop ? If so, is there an explanation of why *NOTHING*
   was recorded on either FDR or CVR prior to the massive systems failure?
   Wouldn't such a cargo door failure have taken a few seconds to result
   in total failure/explosion ?

2- In the case of Air India (Flight from Montreal to London), enough wreckage
   was recovered to conclude it was a bomb. They pretty well know who did it
   but do not have enough evidence to bring them to trial. Since that flight
   had been at cruise altitude for hours when the explosion occured, I would
   like an explanation of what would have triggered the door's suddent
   failure during regular cruise.