Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

Date:         12 Dec 96 04:39:32
From:         Jean-Francois Bosc <bosc@mauve.recherche.enac.fr>
Followups:    1 2 3

Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang) writes:
> In article <airliners.1996.2380@ohare.Chicago.COM> Jean-Francois Bosc (bosc@perige.eis.enac.dgac.fr) wrote:
> > The fact is that the only governments helps allowed by the European
> > Commission, and provided by governments, are loans, which _are_ being returned
> > after a while.

> At market rate?  Most likely not.  Then, it's a subsidy.  Also, most
> surveys show productivity of European labor is in general less than their
> American counterpart.

Well, there was one I read a few months ago showing that labor productivity
was higher in France than in any other country ...

Also, all analysts I heard agree that the current low rate of the US dollar
is a subsidy for US exporting companies, and that the normal rate should
be around 20% higher (if I remember correctly).

Finally, considering that market loan rates are around 5%, even if you
are right this doesn't leave much room for significant "subsidies".

JF