Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

Date:         12 Dec 96 04:39:32
From:         jfmezei <jfmezei@videotron.ca>

H Andrew Chuang wrote:
> than the US.)  In addition, because of Airbus's structure, Airbus divides
> **all** the workload amongst its partners and doesn't look for the most
> cost-effective subcontractors.

The use of the word ALL in the above paragraph is misleading. I get the
impression that you want the reader to beleive that Airbus gives work only
to consortium members which are inefficient because they are located in
Europe where everything is more expensive, as opposed to Boeing and MD
which choose amongst many contractors to find the best/lowest price one.

Since Bombardier/Canadair has worked on Airbus products, and since
Bombardier is not part of Airbus, and since many US suppliers also
participate in Airbus products, I am affraid that your argument looses
all credibility with me.

And why not mention those contracts Boeing awards to countries such as
Brazil in order to secure purchases from those countries' airlines ?
Would these really represent the lowest cost/highest quality ratio Boeing
could find ????