Re: 737: Take-off without flaps?

Date:         08 Dec 96 04:12:40
From:         Reid Fairburn <cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com>

At 02:42 AM 12/4/96, you wrote:
>So -- if you are in a commercial jet and arrive at the runway with the
>flaps not deployed, what should you do?  Call for the flight attendent as
>urgently as you can, or sit back and do nothing?

This is a very hard call to make.  Personally, I would question the flap
position based on the type airplane and runway length/altitude...but not
everyone can make quick guesses on this.  If there is a doubt in your
mind, ask the flight attendant.  I would wait though until you were sure
that the airplane was taking the runway for takeoff.

I suspect that this situation is going to be a rare occurrence and would
not waste too much sleep over it.

Reid Fairburn
Creative Kingdom, Inc.
cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com