Re: Airbus on a roll

Date:         05 Dec 96 02:27:18
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>> Moreover, if I recall correctly, the USAirways order hinges on
>> Wolf extracting wage concessions from the company's union employees.
>> If Wolf can't pull that off, the deal is off, as I understand it.

>Are you sure that you aren't confusing this with the American Airlines
>Boeing order? That is contingent upon the pilot's union ratifying
>their new contract with AA. (I suspect that the order is a done deal)

Both deals include a similar contingency clause.  A huge difference
is that AA had completed a proposal, which was approved by the pilots'
union board shortly after the Boeing deal was announced, whereas
USAirways had very little other than some discussions with the union.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com