Re: Airbus on a roll

Date:         04 Dec 96 02:42:17
From:         jfmezei <jfmezei@videotron.ca>

McElravy wrote:
> I have heard a lot about the possibility of a USAir 777 order. The best
> reason for getting them is the status symbol value.

While the 777 may be trendy right now, (UA was boasting its 777 last
year in adverts in the UK for instance), I doubt that the 777 will
remain a "status symbol" for long and the 747 will rightfully retake the
honours eventually.

Remember that the 777 is just a glorified DC10-L1011-A340 plane which
will eventually be able to fly just as far as the DC10-A340 planes can.

Boeing now has a complete family of planes (so many models of the 737
that one easily gets confused !) and Airbus is still missing a 747-class
plane.