Re: Kegworth

Date:         02 Dec 96 01:44:34
From:         Bill Chivers <Bill@chivcons.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1996.2406@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Bill Chivers
<Bill@chivcons.demon.co.uk> writes

>Also, an awareness that disconnecting the Autothrottle would affect fuel
>flow to *both* engines might have helped the crew avoid misdiagnosing
>the failure. Personally, I think there is a case for better technical
>training for professional pilots, perhaps concentrating a bit more on
>general engineering principals & control systems.

As a result of this sub thread I decided to refresh my memory about
Kegworth, and did a little delving around.

I ended up in an email conversation with Peter Ladkin about the
Accident. Peter was quite happy for me to post the mail to this
newsgroup, however the conversation is a bit lengthy.

So rather than post it what I will do is mail it to anyone who
specifically wants it. Contact me by email if you would like a copy.

Bill Chivers
'my other signature file has something funny at the bottom of it'