Re: Airbus on a roll

Date:         01 Dec 96 04:08:56
From:         "McElravy" <cpa1@penn.com>

> > >Why?  USAir's current route system certainly doesn't justify 777's
> > >The 777 does seem to be just a bit of a status symbol to some people
> > >(for the airline that has everything)!

> None of which USAir have in their fleet!  I was responding to the person
> who hoped "USAir would still order some Boeings, perhaps 777s".

I have heard a lot about the possibility of a USAir 777 order. The best
reason for getting them is the status symbol value. USAir is short on
status symbols (getting shorter with Airbuses, too...) and they would make
some sense. Everybody's gotta expand sooner or later. USAir...US Airways
(gotta get in the habit of using that damn name) would like badly to expand
into bigger, better markets. The way I look at it Steve Wolf  bought A320s
twice, why not 777s twice? Airlines have done weirder things before.

							Evan McElravy
							cpa1@penn.com