Re: Airbus on a roll

Date:         25 Nov 96 06:18:48
From:         richard@rmit.EDU.AU (Richard A. Muirden)

"McElravy" <cpa1@penn.com> writes:
>The article made no mention of any other orders, but I suspect that USAir
>may yet order some Boeings -- 777s maybe.

I hadn't heard this one. Tell me, what would they do with 777's? Ditch
the 767's and use for extra capacity on european routes (which are in
fairly short supply anyway I gather, and with US/BA divorcing as we
speak I'm sure it will not get better for US anytime soon)... I doubt
US could use 777's for anything much else.. Transcons? I doubt it.

Just my 2 cents.

Re the 146's I seem to recall they went to some Canadian startup that
never made it (?) - dunno where they are now. Karl?

-richard

--
  Richard A. Muirden, RMIT ITS Unix Snr Systems Admin: Web+News+Post -Master
mailto: richard@rmit.EDU.AU                   phone: 9660 3814, Fax: 9662 5652