Re: "Crooked 737s?"

Date:         23 Nov 96 03:36:24
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>The off centre nose wheel of the Boeing 737 was I guess designed like most
>aircraft of that age to stop the nose wheel hiting the runway centre line
>lights when lined up on the run both landing and taking off.

Wouldn't it be easier to just line up a few inches to one side of the
center line?

In any case, the authoritative answer seems to be that the 737 does
not have an off-center nose gear.  Other than the Trident, what other
"aircraft of that age" are you thinking of with an off-center nose
gear?

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com