Re: American to place order for 100 or more Boeing planes

Date:         22 Nov 96 05:48:06
From:         Steve Lacker <slacker@arlut.utexas.edu>

Karl Swartz wrote:
>The article interprets this as an indication that AA has decided
>that their 260 MD-80s will eventually be replaced with 737s.

Wow. I wonder if this means that there will be NO American MD-90s? Frankly,
I was surprised that I didn't see American with MD-90s already, given the
size of their MD-8x fleet.

I've lost track recently, how well is the MD-90 doing, both in terms of
sales and in terms of service? My last datapoint was a discussion here
after I got stuck in DFW till the wee hours of the morning because *2*
Delta MD-90's were unable to depart for my flight due to mechanical
trouble. A third one got me home at 4 AM...

--
Stephen Lacker
PO Box 8029, Austin TX 78713-8029