Re: ATR 72 EMR evacuation

Date:         20 Nov 96 05:48:29
From:         Reid Fairburn <cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com>

At 01:00 PM 10/8/96, you wrote:
>Imagine an ATR 72 to be evacuated urgently on the ground: We suppose an
>a (right) engine Fire, so that everybody is rushing to the back of the
>a/c. Will the craft's rear fall on the ground (tailscrape) due to the
>mass of people (including Cockpit crew) rushing to the back? In normal
>OPS there is the necessity to fix a stick under the fuselage below the
>rear doors to avoid the described effect when boarding/ disembarking the
>a/c.

========Is it not fair to say that the people in the back of the airplane
will be the first ones out of the door?  In this case, the weight in the
back should go down very fast...and the airplane would probably not rock
back on it's butt.  It is an interesting question as to the certification
which usually involves a full evacuation of the airplane via some or all of
the doors.

Reid Fairburn
Creative Kingdom, Inc.
cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com