Re: "Crooked 737s?"

Date:         18 Nov 96 10:11:14
From:         Reid Fairburn <cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com>

At 01:52 AM 11/11/96, you wrote:
>I asked the chief instructor  of the airline i work for today about
>crokked 737s and he says yes it does happen and he has attributed this to
>some sort of tolerated offset on the main landing gear.
>
>I suggested cross-wind and single-engine-taxi but the opinion stayed wiht
>the main landing gear.

=====I thought that we had put this to bed already.  The main gear on the
737 has a small amount of swivel built into it so the gear can relieve some
of the loads during landings and turns.  This causes the offset taxi
condition in crosswinds, engine out taxi, etc.  No big deal.  The nose gear
is on the centerline...with a little bit of  L & R play.

Reid Fairburn
Creative Kingdom, Inc.
cr_king@cr_king.seanet.com
206-946-4815