Re: ATR-72's and Airbuses

Date:         12 Nov 96 13:58:54
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>No cargo door on Airbus (at least on those they could be interested in,
>and unless things changed recently).

But they could be converted -- all the L'Aeropostale 737-300s were
converted from passenger models.  I don't think Boeing even sells a
freight or QC version of the 737-300.  (The -200s in the fleet were
built was freighters.)

>And the 320 series is too recent, I think they only bought used planes.

They're all used, but they've acquired all the 737-300s since 1991,
and the newest ones were built in 1992.  The A320 entered service in
1988.

I suspect commonality with their existing 737-200s was a major factor
in their decision to choose the 737-300.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com