Re: Stage 3

Date:         11 Nov 96 01:50:36
From:         speedpuppy <dargonis@nando.net>

Vangal Venkatesh wrote:

> I thought that the airlines are placing large orders now to comply with
> the Stage 3 noise requirements by end of 1999. If it looks like Boeing
> can't keep up with production of 737s, maybe the FAA should move the
> requirements to 2002 or something.

not necessarily....one can re engine or hush kit exsisting powerplants
to meet the standards...most airlines are placing orders for lowering
costs and aircraft that need replacing ( high cycles)..  remember 2 crew
 and 3 flight attendants can work a 90 seat aircraft and upto 150 seat
aircraft...thus a 66% gain in seats...with no additional workers ( in
the air)...