Re: Ansett NZ 1995 DH8 crash

Date:         10 Nov 96 04:52:42
From:         smart@actrix.gen.nz (Quentin Smart)

Peter Dowden <peter@ernest.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, michael keenan wrote:
>> I don't know anything about this crash. Do you have any information on the
>> circumstances?

>No! :-)

I do not think the official report has been released which is taking a
long time.

They had a problem with the landing gear and where doing what the
company rules stated in terms of consulting the books..

There was some confusion to where the plane was when it crashed so the
pilots may have thought they were in a different location.

There was also some concern expresed about the flight path that was
not used often.