Re: Peruvian 757 crash

Date:         10 Nov 96 04:52:42
From:         chucko@eskimo.com (Charles Albertson)

s_odle@earthlink.net (Scott Odle) writes:

>In article <airliners.1996.2270@ohare.Chicago.COM>, jcg@qadas.com says...
>>However I would be quicker to believe that the computers did something
>>unexpected, and the pilots were so distracted that they forgot about
>>flying the airplane.  Or perhaps they got disoriented under night/low-
>>visibility conditions and lost control that way.
>>
>>Is there any more information out there yet?

>Not reliable info.  Everyone needs to wait for the official accident report.

	The latest explanation isn't all that esoteric. Wreckage recovered
from the ocean revealed adhesive tape over inlets for the altimeter and a
couple of other key instruments. Apparently applied while the outside of
the aircraft was cleaned and polished by ground crew, and they forgot to
remove the tape before turning the aircraft over to the flight crew.