Re: Photo of Pan Am 747 W/5 engines

From:         Paul Michaels <mides@celtic.co.uk> (Paul Michaels)
Date:         08 Nov 96 05:24:25

> I don't know how the Rolls engines are sent over, but as
>I said, they can fit in a relatively inexpensive air freighter like a
>C-130.  Obviously, if there is a need in the future to move an assembled
>engine from the manufacturer to Puget Sound in a hurry, the Antonov will
>be used again.

>C. Marin Faure
>   author, Flying a Floatplane

Up until about a year ago, a Heavy Lift/Volga Dneiper An124 was being
used to take RR Trents out of East Midlands. As far as I could see the
engines were complete (they were wrapped so it's hard to tell).
Apparently it was using EMIA up to eight times a year -so maybe Airbus
was getting some of them?

--
Paul Michaels, Aberdaugleddau (Milford Haven), Wales
    Paul Michaels<mides@celtic.co.uk>