Re: ETOPS: multi-engine fails

From:         rickydik@ix.netcom.com (RD Rick)
Date:         06 Nov 96 05:12:38

>> On 28 Oct 1996, Keith Barr wrote:
>> > Does anyone know if there has ever been a case of multiple, simultaneous,
>> > unrelated, turbine engine failures above V1?  It seems to me that if you
>> > have two engines die, no matter how many you have, they are all likely
>> > to go.

Aviacsa in Mexico had a few BAe-146 about five years ago.  The aft
section of a #3 engine exploded in cruise, sending shrapnel into the
cabin (missed everyone) and into #4, which it killed.  Somehow, losing
two engines on one wing killed the fuel supply to one of the others, so
they landed in Campeche on one engine.

They soon traded the BAe-146 fleet for Fo-100.
RD